24th July, 2023 (10.00am-17.00pm) in-person workshop
Hua Dong (SEED Fellow) + 10 workshop participants (with one coming from China) +4 student assistants
10:30-11:00 arrival and refreshments
11:00-11:30 overview of the Fellowship project and the progress to date
11:30-12:30 workshop session 1
13:30-14:30 workshop session 2
14:30-15:00 working group updates
15:00-15:30 tea break
15:30-16:30 workshop session 3
16:30-17:00 wrapping up
- The participants were given time to read the information sheet, ask questions and fill in the consent form. They were also provided the travel reimbursement reclaim forms.
- The SEED Fellow Professor Hua Dong gave an introduction to the SEED Fellowship project and highlighted latest findings of the UK’s creative industries sector.
- The workshop participants completed their 1 A4 profiles and each gave a one-minute introduction of themselves.
- Working sheets were used. Workshop Session 1 focused on opportunities and barriers, with individual contributions through post-it-notes and group discussion on the top five opportunities and barriers towards the end.
- Interviews were conducted with two workshop participants (both from industry) during the lunch break and afternoon tea break time.
- Workshop Session 2 focused on the functions of the future hub, its users and activities.
- Working group leaders Dr Weining Ning and Dr Xinya You gave an update of their working group activities.
- Workshop Session 3 focused on the support to be provided by the future hub and the illustration/visualization of the future hub. Visual materials were provided and each group did a presentation explaining their visualization.
- The wrapping up sessions collected feedback to the workshop.